Persons able to present in paper form or in a smart device one of the following documents are entitled to enter the Republic of Latvia:
- valid interoperable EU COVID -19 certificate;
- Certificate of vaccination or recovery from COVID-19 issued in USA, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Australia and Canada;
- proof of negative COVID-19 test result:
- a PCR test carried out over the last 72 hours or
- an antigen test carried out over the last 48 hours The list of traveler categories not covered by the above mentioned requirements is available at the Section No 167 of Cabinet’s Regulation No 662 “Epidemiological safety measures to containment of the spread of COVID-19 infection”.
Entry into the Republic of Latvia from particularly high-risk countries is prohibited. The list of countries is published on the website of the Centre for Disease Prevention and Control.
The list of traveler categories not subject to the prohibition of entry from particularly high risk countries is available at the Section No 170 of Cabinet’s Regulation No 662 “Epidemiological safety measures to containment of the spread of COVID-19 infection”. Upon entry persons holding a valid interoperable certificate must provide the proof of negative COVID-19 test result as well.
Air travelers entering the Republic of Latvia, including persons who have an interoperable vaccination or recovery certificate, are offered to voluntarily undergo free-of-charge COVID-19 testing in the territory of Riga International Airport.
GENERAL EPIDEMIOLOGICAL SAFETY REQUIREMENTS IN THE REPUBLIC OF LATVIA
- in public indoor areas, if more than one person is present, medical facial mask or at least FFP2 respirator without valve must be used;
- passengers of any vehicle, carrying passengers for commercial purpose must use medical face mask or at least FFP2 respirator without valve;
- general epidemiological safety requirements and safety protocols or recommendations, including distance maintenance and restriction on gatherings must be complied with.
Information how to obtain a short-term vaccination certificate for use in Latvia can be found here.
More detailed information about the creation of the digital COVID certificate if vaccination was performed outside European countries can be found here.
More detailed information for travelers to Latvia available here.
 Website of the European Commission: https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/coronavirus-response/safe-covid-19-vaccines-europeans/eu-digital-covid-certificate_en