Starting from 1 July 2016 in order to get a short-term visa (90 days in half- year period for the 1-5 years validity) it is required to apply to
VFS GLOBAL visa center
Adress: Khojali Ave. 37, Demirchi Tower, 2nd floor, Baku-Azerbaijan
Tel: +994 (12) 404 76 38
As it will also be possible to submit applications for visas at the embassy, so the embassy is calling for planning a trip in time for submission of Embassy at least two weeks before the trip.
The submission of documents to the Embassy of the Republic of Latvia to the Republic of Azerbaijan for receipt of the Schengen visa is conducting only upon preliminary appointment. Registration for appointment on work days from 14.00 until 18.00 by 436 67 78.
- DOCUMENT CONFIRMING THE PURPOSE OF THE VISIT
- For private visit - the original invitation, authenticated by a competent alien police department (Úrad hraničnej a cudzineckej polície) Sample. The original invitation only, the copy of invitation sent by FAX or e-mail won’t be accepted!
- The invitation letter from the legal entity is a must for the business trip (the copy of the cooperation agreement should be attached to the visa request as supporting document, if such agreement is signed between both legal entities). The original invitation only, the copy of invitation sent by FAX or e-mail won’t be accepted!
- The invitation letter from the state institution - must be on the official blank with the signature and the official stamp (in this case it won’t be necessary to certify it by notary). The original invitation only, the copy of invitation sent by FAX or e-mail won’t be accepted!
for tourism - the voucher with fully paid hotel accommodation
for the business trip - the invitation from the legal entity authenticated by a competent alien police department (Úrad hraničnej a cudzineckej polície) + the copy of the cooperation agreement
- for participation in international conferences, seminars, symposia, culture and sports events - the invitation from the legal entity which organizes event authenticated by a competent alien police department (Úrad hraničnej a cudzineckej polície), a letter of request to issue a visa from the employer-company which is sending employee to take part in the event
- DULY FILLED VISA E-APPLICATION FORM
The application form must be filled in by every person regardless of age
The passport validity must exceed the validity of the visa not less than 3 months. The passport must contain at least 2 blank pages and must be issued less than 10 years ago
- 1 (ONE) COLOURED PHOTO
size: 35x45 mm, on light background, glossy, head must take 70-80 % of the all picture
- HEALTH INSURANCE POLICY VALID FOR ALL SCHENGEN Travel medical insurance policy valid in all Schengen countries and covering the entire period of the visit in the Schengen area. The minimum amount of the insurance is 30 000 EUR without franchise. Insurance period must be longer of 15 days than duration of stay
- The CONFIRMATION OF SUFFICIENT FINANCIAL MEANS
- In that case if the inviting party won’t cover all expenses during the stay of the foreigner in the Schengen area, the foreigner must present the confirmation of its sufficient financial means. The cost of living in the Schengen area per day is 60 EURO.
- As the confirmation of sufficient financial means there should be presented the following documents:
- bank statement on turnover at the bank account for the last three months with the copy of the obverse side of the credit card;
- Travel cheque
- To confirm the sufficient financial means for the business trip there should be presented a guarantee letter from the employer-company with the indication that the company assumes all costs for the business trip of the employee and document certifying the company registration as a taxpayer.
- INTERNAL PASSPORT
A copy of internal passport (both sides)
- REFERENCE LETTER:
- from School or university - for pupils and students;
- from Job place - for all employees – for the employees the reference letter is needed on the official blank with the indication of the position, seniority and the wage for last three month
- from the Social Protection Fund - for pensioners
- A letter must be inEnglish or Russian or in Azerbaijani with English or Russian translation on official company paperwith stamp, signature, date and clearly mentioning: address, telephone and fax numbers of the employing company; the name and position in the employing company of the countersigning officer, the name of the applicant, position, salary and years of service.
- COPY OF THE RESERVATION OF ROUND TRIP TICKETS
Copy of the round trip tickets - only by the request of the Consular section
- HOTEL RESERVATION / VOUCHER
Must be presented in case of stay in the hotel during the trip
- FOR NON-RESIDENTS
A proof of legal entry and stay in the Republic of Azerbaijan must be provided
- STATE FEE FOR THE EXAMINATION OF THE VISA REQUEST
The fee for processing visa application is non-refundable in case of refusal
State fee for citizens of Azerbaijan is 35 EUR
Consulate takes a decision on the issuance of the visa within 5 working days (7 calendar days) counting from the next day after submitting the visa request to the consulate.