Latvia is part of European Union and offers world class education in different study fields – Engineering, Medicine, Business, Tourism, Public Relations, Banking, Nature Sciences and Social Sciences. Latvia offers modern and safe study environment; internationally recognized academic staff; very competitive tuition fees, reasonable living costs and the degrees obtained in Latvia are recognized in all European Union countries.
The focus of Higher education in Latvia is on interactive learning and practical experience.
The following websites provides complete information about the higher education system, study programs for international students and practical information about student life in Latvia:
Complete information about studies in Latvia for foreigners: www.studies.lv
Official information provided by The State Education Development Agency: http://www.studyinlatvia.lv/
Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Latvia: http://www.izm.gov.lv/
Higher Education Quality Evaluation Centre: http://www.aiknc.lv/
Academic Information Centre: http://www.aic.lv/
The residents of Uzbekistan should book an appointment for submission of visa application at VFS Global visa centre, you have to follow this link.
List of required documents for students when requesting a long-term visa:
- Invitation number;
- Two photos, on white background, 70% should be covered by the face; 1 photo should be attached to the application form itself, the 2nd photo should be submitted separately along with your application;
- E-Visa application form for Latvian National Visa D filled in on our web-site, printed out and signed in relevant boxes of the application form which are marked by “signature” note. Visa application form is available on the web-site https://epak.pmlp.gov.lv/NVIS.EService001.WebSite/ApplicationInquiry.aspx;
- Health insurance for the period of 90 days from the date of arrival to Latvia, insurance coverage amount should be not less than 42 600 €;
- Cору of ticket booking;
- A written confirmation from University regarding the matriculation of the student;
- A document from University about the envisaged place of residence;
- Study contract;
- Bank account statement for the last three months; minimum account balance for studies is 7440 EUR. In case another person is paying for your studies – his/her financial documents;
- Other certificates and supporting documents you deem relevant (e.g. work experience certificate, IELTS diploma etc.).