As of 1 April 2022, travellers entering Latvia are no longer required to present an interoperable vaccination or recovery certificate, or proof of a negative Covid-19 test result. For details, please see this page.
• Before travelling to Latvia, please visit https://covid19.gov.lv/en for information regarding the epidemiological safety measures in Latvia.
• If you also plan to visit other Schengen member states, you need to contact their diplomatic or consular mission to find out what Covid-19 restricting measures are in effect in the respective state, or consult the EU’s website ‘Re-open EU’.
All travellers are responsible for verifying travel restrictions in place before departure. Holders of a Schengen visa are not automatically entitled to enter the Schengen area but must respect the travel restrictions in place.
Please note that starting from 1 January 2021, holders of the UK residence documents will not be exempted from the visa requirement in order to travel to Latvia.
Citizens of third countries who are residents of the United Kingdom and would like to travel to Latvia can apply for Schengen visa at the Embassy of Latvia in London. The Embassy of Latvia has appointed VF Services (UK) Limited in London, Manchester and Edinburgh to provide document collection and submission service for Schengen visa applicants traveling to Latvia. Visa applications are to be submitted in the visa application centres, from where they will be sent to the Embassy of Latvia in London for their further assessment. Additional information is available here: Apply for VISA to Latvia.
Visa applications can be submitted no more than six months before the intended visit and no later than 15 calendar days before the start of the intended visit.
Appointments for Schengen visa applicants can be scheduled at The Joint Visa Application Centres for the Latvia.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT FOR SCHENGEN VISA
IMPORTANT: All visa applicants aged 12 years and older must apply for Schengen visa in person in order to have fingerprints taken.
The service focuses on delivering visas within a short period of time (10 days calculated from the date that the Embassy receives the application). Please note that all applications are processed individually. The Visa Officer may request further documentation or information, which can prolong the processing time. In certain cases it may take up to 45 days when additional documents are requested or an interview at the Embassy is scheduled.
For the following nationals the visa processing time takes a minimum of 10 working days.
All fees paid for processing a visa application are non-refundable. Any documents submitted (except for the passport) are not a matter of return after the application is made.
- If you want to visit Latvia, please apply for a visa at the Embassy of Latvia. If you want to visit other Schengen country, apply for a visa at the Embassy or Consulate of that country.
- If you want to visit several Schengen countries, or if several separate visits are to be carried out within a period of two months, apply at the Embassy or Consulate of the country of your main destination or the country where you intend to stay for the longest period of time.
- If you intend to visit several Schengen countries, but do not have the main destination, you should apply at the Embassy or Consulate of the Schengen country of your first entry.
Holders of the following types of UK travel documents are required to apply for a Schengen visa in order to travel to Latvia:
- A stateless persons travel document, being red coloured (Convention of 28 September 1954);
- A certificate of travel, also called a certificate of identity, being either brown or black coloured. LTD visa;
- A convention travel document, being blue coloured (convention of 28 July 1951).
In an emergency, such as the death or serious illness of a relative, please contact the Embassy for further information. When you travel to Latvia, the Schengen visa should be in your valid passport. Old passport with a valid Schengen visa can be used for travel if a new passport has been issued because there were not sufficiently many free pages for visas and notes on border-crossing in the previous passport. Holders of Schengen visa are still subject to immigration controls and are not guaranteed entry into any of the Schengen countries.
Documents required when applying for a short-stay visa to enter Latvia
Visa application fees at the Embassy of Latvia in the UK