Applicants should apply for document verification with Hello Verify BEFORE applying for application submission with VFS. Appointment for visa application submission at VFS without Hello Verify transaction number WILL NOT be granted.
In compliance with the safety protocols by the Indian Government, amount of applications is limited and application submission procedures might take longer time (up to 60 days) due to safety regulations. Please refer to the VFS webpage for more detailed information regarding security measures while submitting visa application at the VFS VACs that have to be strictly followed.
It is responsibility of each applicant to confirm with the airlines and authorities of a country in transit rules and regulations that are in force for transiting respective country (COVID19 test, onward ticket, allowed period for transit etc.). Embassy of Latvia WILL NOT be responsible for securing applicants’ travels and transit opportunities on the way to Latvia. Please consider travel options BEFORE applying for a visa.
According to the Immigration Law of Latvia, Indian nationals who are enrolled into education institutions accredited in Latvia can apply for the long stay visa at the Embassy of Latvia in India.
After receiving a long stay visa (valid for 90 days), upon entering Latvia, students are subjected to apply for a residence permit at the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs of Latvia (OCMA).
Long stay visa submission procedure:
1. Upload requested supporting documents to Hello Verify webpage http://visa.helloverify.com. Receive conformation of successful upload.
2. Receive appointment from VFS Global Latvia.
2. Submit visa application at the assigned VFS Global Latvia visa application centre in India.
3. Go through video/ in-person interview at the VFS Global Latvia Visa application centre with the Embassy of Latvia in India. The date and time slot of the interview will be allocated by the VFS Global Latvia Visa application centres when submitting the visa application.
NOTE! Interview is mandatory for all the long term visa applicants applying with study purpose. Embassy might make an exemption during procession of the application based on the internal regulations. You will be informed separately if you are exempted from the interview.
More information on the working hours and support can be found on the VFS Global India webpage.
Required documents for the Long Stay visa:
Passport with a period of validity extending at least three months after the intended date of departure from Latvia or other Member State, and containing at least two blank pages. Copies of the identification pages and the pages that contain information about previously issued visas.
2. Long stay visa e-application form printed and signed by the applicant. The form is available online (epak.pmlp.gov.lv) – visa type: NATIONAL VISA (TYPE D).
3. One photo
(Size 35mm x 45 mm) must be taken in last 6 months and it should be with white background.
4. Invitation approved by the OCMA
An invitation by applicant’s education facility in Latvia that is approved by the OCMA has to be submitted. The invitation should be dated not later than 6 months prior to the application date.
5. Study agreement
A copy of a signed study agreement has to be submitted along with the with the AIC (Academic Information Centre) Certificate document.
6. Written certification issued by the higher education institution or college- On the matriculation of the student and the arrival in Latvia is required for the completion of a study programme.
7. Proof of sufficient financial means
7.1 - Original private bank account statement showing the movements during the last three months with balance confirmation letter from the bank duly stamped and signed by the bank.
7.2 – International Credit or Debit card activated for transactions in Euro.
7.3 - In case university provides the service of issuing a statement on the availability of the necessary financial means in the university account, original of the statement dully signed and stamped by the university has to be submitted.
8. Proof of sponsorship
In case you are sponsored by a family/relative, a notarised declaration of sponsorship to be submitted. Proof of professional status of the sponsor – contract of employment, payslips for the last 3 months; self-employed – certificate of registration of the Company, company’s bank statements for the last three months dully signed and stamped by the bank and Current years ITR.
9. Proof of the previous education
Originals presented and copies of your prior education diplomas and mark sheets have to be submitted.
10. Proof of Accommodation
A proof of your intended residence in Latvia has to be submitted.
- University dormitory confirmation document.
- If the stay will be at an accommodation owned by a physical or a legal person, you will be required to provide a notarised document that the owner of the property, or their representative with power-of-attorney, consents to the stay as well as a statement from the land registry proving that the property belongs to the person giving consent and that they have the right to rent it.
11. Travel medical insurance
Travel insurance to be valid for the whole Schengen area and covering the entire period of the intended visit (90 days). The minimum coverage of 42,600 EUR including the costs of urgent medical attention and/or emergency hospital treatment in case of an illness as well as medical transportation and repatriation in the event of death. Medical insurance policy can be obtained in applicant’s country of residence, or in any other country, or taken out by the inviting person. It is important that the insurance meets all the above requirements.
12. Hello Verify conformation slip
Conformation received from Hello Verify for successfully uploaded supporting documents for the document verification.
13. Visa fee of 60 EUR
A full list of the categories of persons exempted from payment of the state fee is available in the Paragraph 11 of the 12.09.2017. Regulations Regarding the State Fee for Examination of the Documents Necessary for Requesting a Visa, Residence Permit or the Status of a Long-term Resident of the European Union in the Republic of Latvia and the Services Related Thereto.
According to the Immigration Law of Latvia, the visa processing time is 15 days after submission of all the stipulated documents. The documents are considered to be submitted when received at the Embassy from the VFS Global. If additional information or inspection is necessary for the issue of a long-stay visa, the decision shall be taken within 60 days.
VFS Global India applies service charges as well as fee for the video conferencing.
VFS Service charge: Applicants applying at the Latvian Visa Application Centres in India shall be levied a service charge of 2126 INR (inclusive of Goods and Service Tax –SGST @9% and CGST@9%) payable in cash or by debit/credit card.
Video Conferencing is 2756 INR
· The applicable visa fee in Indian Rupees is as per the current exchange rate. The same is subject to change without notice.
· The Visa fee and service charges are non-refundable in case the visa is refused.