A foreign national shall apply for a visa at the consulate of the Schengen Member State in whose jurisdiction the applicant legally resides on a permanent basis.
All visa applicants have to appear in person when filing the application, in order to provide their fingerprints. More information can be found here.
A list of countries whose citizens do not need a visa to enter the Schengen Area can be found here
To apply for a Schengen visa to travel to Latvia, foreign nationals should contact the following:
- Embassy of Latvia in Washington, D.C.
You can schedule an appointment electronically here
- Consulate General of Estonia in New York
For further instructions please visit the website
- Consulate General of Poland in Los Angeles
Make an appointment and register application here
- Consulate General of Lithuania in Chicago
- For further instructions please call the Consulate: 312-397-0382 or visit the website
- Consulate General of Poland in Houston
- For further instructions please visit the website
Embassy of Latvia to the USA begins cooperation with VFS Services (USA) Inc. on visa applications. Starting from September 1, 2020 foreigners applying for Schengen visas will be able to submit their visa applications to any of the six VFS Services centers located in Washington D.C., New York, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles and San Francisco. Additional information is avaliable here: https://www.vfsglobal.com/latvia/usa/
Territorial Competence of the Embassy of Latvia for Acceptance of Requests for Schengen Visas (C), Visas with Limited Territorial Validity and Airport Transit Visas