In accordance with Section 14, 3. part of Register of Natural Persons Law a citizen of Latvia, a non-citizen of Latvia, a foreigner who has received a residence permit, registration certificate or permanent residence card in Latvia, shall have a duty to provide the information to the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs regarding changes in the information included in the Register of Natural Persons about him/her, his/her minor children and persons, being under his/her custody or guardianship, which were made by foreign authorities (for example, entering into marriage, dissolution of marriage, change of the
The documents can be send directly by post or by e-mail signed with an electronic identification to the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs of the Republic of Latvia. More detailed information can be found here
The update of the information included in the Register of Natural Persons, can be done at the Embassy only in person (adress: 2306 Massachusetts Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20008). The fee for the service is 40.00EUR.
Documents which should be send to the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs or submitted in person at the Embassy.
1. a filled-out application form;
3. the copy a personal identity document (signed and with the written statement: “Kopija pareiza”);
4. Document (the marriage certificate, the divorce certificate etc.) certifying the fact registered by the foreign authority. The documents must be certified with Apostille (can be done at the Office of the Secretary of the State that has issued the document);
5. To the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs can be send the copies of documents, which are signed with written statement ”kopija pareiza”, applicant’s name, surname and date.
Upon informing about marriage, copy of personal identity document of spouse shall be submitted.
If there is no name change due to marriage, please indicate this fact on the application form.
Upon informing about birth of a child, copy of personal identity document of child shall be submitted (if any).
* The legal basis for the processing of personal data (given name, surname, personal identity number and other personal data indicated in the questionnaire) is Article 6(1)(c) of the General Data Protection Regulation. The legal obligation of diplomatic and consular missions of Latvia abroad is to process personal data in accordance with Cabinet Regulation No. 412 of 22 June 2021 “Procedures for the Inclusion and Updating of Information in the Register of Natural Persons”.