Travelers from USA can obtain a short-term vaccination certificate for use in Latvia

29.11.2021. 22:56

Persons who enter Latvia fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the USA can receive a short-term vaccination certificate for use in Latvia. The short-term certificate is valid only in the territory of Latvia, it is equivalent to an interoperable vaccination certificate and valid for 30 days from the day it is issued. The short-term certificate is intended for receiving services and attending events in the territory of Latvia.

Procedures for the issuing and use of the certificate:

1)            The certificate is issued by tourist information centres that have signed a cooperation agreement with the National Health Service (NHS) on the processing of personal data and issuing relevant short-term certificates in Alūksne, Bauska, Daugavpils, Jēkabpils, Liepāja, Rēzekne, Riga, Salacgrīva, Valmiera, and Ventspils. For further information on tourist information centres, please call the NHS at +371 67043701, +371 67045005 or write to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ).

2)            The above-mentioned tourist information centers issue short-term certificates in line with procedures devised by the NHS:

•             on the grounds of an individual application;

•             after checking the authenticity of personal identity documents and documents confirming vaccination;

•             include information in the certificate about the person who has processed personal data for the issuance of the short-term certificate;

•             process personal data and, not later than within one working day after reception of the person’s application, issue the person with a short-term certificate.


Latvian nationals who have performed the vaccination in USA can also create a certificate, the fact of vaccination must be registered in the Republic of Latvia by submitting an application to the NHS (more information available by calling 80001234 or in the section “Creating a certificate if vaccination is performed outside European countries”).